STATEMENT BY CABINET SECRETARY FOR TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE, ENG. MICHAEL KAMAU
Further to the various updates on the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) fire incident this morning, we wish to confirm that partial operations at JKIA will commence this evening as follows:
1. Cargo flights scheduled to depart today from JKIA will depart this evening.
2. Departure and arrival of domestic flights will commence this evening.
3. The airport emergency operations team is working round the clock to prepare Units 2 & 3 for arrival and departure of international flights as soon as possible.
4. Investigations by security agencies have commenced and are ongoing. There is no reason to speculate on the causes of the fire.
5. Further updates will be issued tomorrow at 12.30pm
Eng Michael SM Kamau
Cabinet Secretary, Transport and Infrastructure